We wanted to make mousse. Melted chocolate was called for.
Chocolate is expensive so we used the Safeways home brand cooking chocolate.
It refused to melt. (It also tasted horrible so there was less sampling by Cook's Helpers than usual. Actually there wasn't, but there was less sampling by Cook.)
In the end we used it anyway, and the mousse still tasted good.
I checked the packet expecting to laugh at a ridiculously low cocoa butter percentage. Do you know what? There wasn't any cocoa butter in this stuff, only 7% reduced fat cocoa powder. Dear Safeways, even cheap cooking chocolate should be capable of being used for cooking. Please consider.